This study has undertaken a series of energy audits on a range of local housing types.
Energy audits on ten different typical local houses,
We chose a range of houses of different ages, housing styles and sizes. Some private, some council owned, what is the energy performance of these homes and what could be done to improve them? Click on a links below to down the energy report as a PDF file.
- 1930′s council house, semi-detached.
- 1970′s red brick council bungalow
- Traditional stone terraced cottage
- Mixed age house, solid stone with 1960′s extension
- 19th century solid stone cottage with 60′s extension
- 50′s brick built semi-detached house
- Brick built detatched 1960′s farm house
- 1990′s semi detached brick house with cavity walls
- Early 20th century house
- Historic village house
Exemplary work on a typical house for the region. We have undertaken solid wall insulation work on a typical house of the area, it is a 500 year old solid wall farm house with a modern concrete block extension. We set a budget of £20,000 and aim to make the maximum positive impact on this home’s energy performance. It has significant issues of cold, poor insulation, a challenging combination of old and new materials, vapour and condensation problems. Sound familiar to your home?
Find out how we problem solved for this dwelling visits can be made by special arrangement.
Here is a photo gallery fo the works